Triad interactions in the dissipation range
- Waleffe, F.
- Nov 1, 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Rogallo, R. S., Zhou, Y., Kida, S., and Kraichnan, Robert H.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Nonlocality of the triad interactions in the dissipation range of developed turbulence is investigated by numerical simulation and the quasi-normal theories. It is found that the energy transfer is dominated by nonlocal triad interactions over the wavenumber range 0.1 is less than k/k(sub d) is less than 4, where k(sub d) is the Kolmogorov wave number. The nonlocality of the interaction has a close relation with the power of an algebraic prefactor of the exponential decay of the energy spectrum in the far-dissipation range.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19940010277.
Accession ID: 94N14750.
Stanford Univ., Studying Turbulence Using Numerical Simulation Databases. 4: Proceedings of the 1992 Summer Program; p 83-99.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15662984