Prediction of flame velocities of hydrocarbon flames
- Dugger, Gordon L
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Simon, Dorothy M
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The laminar-flame-velocity data previously reported by the Lewis Laboratory are surveyed with respect to the correspondence between experimental flame velocities and values predicted by semitheoretical and empirical methods. The combustible mixture variables covered are hydrocarbon structure (56 hydrocarbons), equivalence ratio of fuel-air mixture, mole fraction of oxygen in the primary oxygen-nitrogen mixture (0.17 to 0.50), and initial mixture temperature (200 degrees to 615 degrees k). The semitheoretical method of prediction considered are based on three approximate theoretical equations for flame velocity: the Semenov equation, the Tanford-Pease equation, and the Manson equation.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19930092187.
Accession ID: 93R21477.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15665040