Effect of aspect ratio on the air forces and moments of harmonically oscillating thin rectangular wings in supersonic potential flow
- Watkins, Charles E
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report treats the effect of aspect ratio on the air forces and moments of an oscillating flat rectangular wing in supersonic potential flow. The linearized velocity potential for the wing undergoing sinusoidal torsional oscillations simultaneously with sinusoidal vertical translations is derived in the form of a power series in terms of a frequency parameter. The series development is such that the differential equation for the velocity potential is satisfied to the required power of the frequency parameter considered and the linear boundary conditions are satisfied exactly. The method of solution can be utilized for other plan forms, that is, plan forms for which certain steady-state solutions are known.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19930092082.
Accession ID: 93R21372.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15665097