Correction of the lifting-line theory for the effect of the chord
- Jones, Robert T. (Robert Thomas), 1910-1999
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- It is shown that a simple correction for the chord of a finite wing can be deduced from the three-dimensional potential flow around an elliptic plate. When this flow is compared with the flow around a section of an endless plate, it is found that the edge velocity is reduced by the factor 1/E, where E is the ratio of the semiperimeter to the span. Applying this correction to the circulation brings the theoretical lift into closer agreement with experiments.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19930085047.
Accession ID: 93R14337.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15666179