Numerical simulations of three-dimensional laminar flow over a backward facing step; flow near side walls
- Steinthorsson, Erlendur
- Jul 1, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Arnone, Andrea, Povinelli, Louis A., and Liou, Meng-Sing
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper reports the results of numerical simulations of steady, laminar flow over a backward-facing step. The governing equations used in the simulations are the full 'compressible' Navier-Stokes equations, solutions to which were computed by using a cell-centered, finite volume discretization. The convection terms of the governing equations were discretized by using the Advection Upwind Splitting Method (AUSM), whereas the diffusion terms were discretized using central differencing formulas. The validity and accuracy of the numerical solutions were verified by comparing the results to existing experimental data for flow at identical Reynolds numbers in the same back step geometry. The paper focuses attention on the details of the flow field near the side wall of the geometry.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19930021958.
Accession ID: 93N31147.
1993 ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting Symposium on Separated Flows; 20-24 Jun. 1993; Washington, DC; United States.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15667130