Generation of helical gears with new surfaces, topology by application of CNC machines
- Hsiao, C. L.
- May 1, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Litvin, F. L., Handschuh, R. F., and Chen, N. X.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Analysis of helical involute gears by tooth contact analysis shows that such gears are very sensitive to angular misalignment that leads to edge contact and the potential for high vibration. A new topology of tooth surfaces of helical gears that enables a favorable bearing contact and a reduced level of vibration is described. Methods for grinding of the helical gears with the new topology are proposed. A TCA (tooth contact analysis) program for simulation of meshing and contact of helical gears with the new topology has been developed. Numerical examples that illustrate the proposed ideas are discussed.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19930018498.
Accession ID: 93N27687.
AIAA PAPER 93-2297.
Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit; 28-30 Jun. 1993; Monterey, CA; United States.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15669748