Optical model calculations of 14.6A GeV silicon fragmentation cross sections
- Tripathi, Ram K.
- May 1, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Townsend, Lawrence W. and Khan, Ferdous
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An optical potential abrasion-ablation collision model is used to calculate hadronic dissociation cross sections for a 14.6 A GeV(exp 28) Si beam fragmenting in aluminum, tin, and lead targets. The frictional-spectator-interaction (FSI) contributions are computed with two different formalisms for the energy-dependent mean free path. These estimates are compared with experimental data and with estimates obtained from semi-empirical fragmentation models commonly used in galactic cosmic ray transport studies.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19930017922.
Accession ID: 93N27111.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15669960