A case of poor substructure diagnostics
- Butler, Thomas G.
- Apr 1, 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The NASTRAN Manuals in the substructuring area are all geared toward instant success, but the solution paths are fraught with many traps for human error. Thus, the probability of suffering a fatal abort is high. In such circumstances, the necessity for diagnostics that are user friendly is paramount. This paper is written in the spirit of improving the diagnostics as well as the documentation in one area where the author felt he was backed into a blind corner as a result of his having committed a data oversight. This topic is aired by referring to an analysis of a particular structure. The structure, under discussion, used a number of local coordinate systems that simplified the preparation of input data. The principle features of this problem are introduced by reference to a series of figures.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19920015087.
Accession ID: 92N24330.
Computer Software Management and Information Center, Twentieth NASTRAN (R) Users' Colloquium; p 100-115.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15675674