An overview of tested and analyzed NTP concepts
- Walton, James T.
- JAN 1, 1991.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- If we buy into the goals of the Space Exploration Initiative (SEI) and accept that they are worthy of the hefty investment of our tax dollars, then we must begin to evaluate the technologies which enable their attainment. The main driving technology is the propulsion systems; for interplanetary missions, the safest and most affordable is a Nuclear Thermal Propulsion (NTP) system. An overview is presented of the NTP systems which received detailed conceptual design and, for several, testing.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19920001919.
Accession ID: 92N11137.
AIAA PAPER 91-3503.
Conference on Advanced Space Exploration Initiative Technologies; 4-6 Sep. 1991; Cleveland, OH; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15678679