Performance analysis of local area networks
- Hall, Mary Grace
- Jul 9, 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Alkhatib, Hasan S.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A simulation of the TCP/IP protocol running on a CSMA/CD data link layer was described. The simulation was implemented using the simula language, and object oriented discrete event language. It allows the user to set the number of stations at run time, as well as some station parameters. Those parameters are the interrupt time and the dma transfer rate for each station. In addition, the user may configure the network at run time with stations of differing characteristics. Two types are available, and the parameters of both types are read from input files at run time. The parameters include the dma transfer rate, interrupt time, data rate, average message size, maximum frame size and the average interarrival time of messages per station. The information collected for the network is the throughput and the mean delay per packet. For each station, the number of messages attempted as well as the number of messages successfully transmitted is collected in addition to the throughput and mean packet delay per station.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19900015451.
Accession ID: 90N24767.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15685909