Independent Orbiter Assessment (IOA) : Analysis of the reaction control system, volume 3.
- Odonnell, R. A.
- Jan 19, 1987.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Haufler, W. A., Burkemper, V. J., and Paul, D. J.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The results of the Independent Orbiter Assessment (IOA) of the Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Critical Items List (CIL) are presented. The IOA approach features a top-down analysis of the hardware to determine failure modes, criticality, and potential critical items. To preserve independence, this analysis was accomplished without reliance upon the results contained within the NASA FMEA/CIL documentation. This report documents the independent analysis results for the Reaction Control System (RCS). The RCS is situated in three independent modules, one forward in the orbiter nose and one in each OMS/RCS pod. Each RCS module consists of the following subsystems: Helium Pressurization Subsystem; Propellant Storage and Distribution Subsystem; Thruster Subsystem; and Electrical Power Distribution and Control Subsystem. Volume 3 continues the presentation of IOA analysis worksheets and the potential critical items list.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19900001624.
Accession ID: 90N10940.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15688681