Procedures for shape optimization of gas turbine disks
- Cheu, Tsu-Chien
- Apr 1, 1989.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Two procedures, the feasible direction method and sequential linear programming, for shape optimization of gas turbine disks are presented. The objective of these procedures is to obtain optimal designs of turbine disks with geometric and stress constraints. The coordinates of the selected points on the disk contours are used as the design variables. Structural weight, stress and their derivatives with respect to the design variables are calculated by an efficient finite element method for design senitivity analysis. Numerical examples of the optimal designs of a disk subjected to thermo-mechanical loadings are presented to illustrate and compare the effectiveness of these two procedures.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19890015836.
Accession ID: 89N25207.
NASA. Langley Research Center, Recent Advances in Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization, Part 3; p 1097-1108.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15690043