Calibration and evaluation of AVIRIS data : Cripple Creek in October 1987
- Knepper, Dan H.
- Sep 15, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Livo, K. Eric, Swayze, Gregg A., King, Trude V. V., Clark, Roger N., Middlebrook, Barry J., and Lee, Keenan
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Airborne Visible/Infrared Imaging Spectrometer (AVIRIS) data were obtained over Cripple Creek and Canon City Colorado on October 19, 1987 at local noon. Multiple ground calibration sites were measured within both areas with a field spectrometer and samples were returned to the laboratory for more detailed spectral characterization. The data were used to calibrate the AVIRIS data to ground reflectance. Once calibrated, selected spectra in the image were extracted and examined, and the signal to noise performance was computed. Images of band depth selected to be diagnostic of the presence of certain minerals and vegetation were computed. The AVIRIS data were extremely noisy, but images showing the presence of goethite, kaolinite and lodgepole pine trees agree with ground checks of the area.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19890012788.
Accession ID: 89N22159.
Jet Propulsion Lab., California Inst. of Tech., Proceedings of the Airborne Visible/Infrared Imaging Spectrome; Jet Propulsion Lab.,.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15690812