Correlation between X-ray flux and rotational acceleration in Vela X-1.
- Shibazaki, N.
- Feb 1, 1989.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Deeter, J. E., Boynton, P. E., Hayakawa, S., and Nagase, F.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The results of a search for correlations between X-ray flux and angular acceleration for the accreting binary pulsar Vela X-1 are presented. Results are based on data obtained with the Hakucho satellite during the interval 1982 to 1984. In undertaking this correlation analysis, it was necessary to modify the usual statistical method to deal with conditions imposed by generally unavoidable satellite observing constraints, most notably a mismatch in sampling between the two variables. The results are suggestive of a correlation between flux and the absolute value of the angular acceleration, at a significance level of 96 percent. The implications of the methods and results for future observations and analysis are discussed.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19890009851.
Accession ID: 89N19222.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15691581