Method and models for R-curve instability calculations
- Orange, Thomas W.
- JAN 1, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper presents a simple method for performing elastic R-curve instability calculations. For a single material-structure combination, the calculations can be done on some pocket calculators. On microcomputers and larger, it permits the development of a comprehensive program having libraries of driving force equations for different configurations and R-curve model equations for different materials. The paper also presents several model equations for fitting to experimental R-curve data, both linear elastic and elastoplastic. The models are fit to data from the literature to demonstrate their viability.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19880013894.
Accession ID: 88N23278.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15694772