Guidance and control strategies for aerospace vehicles
- Hibey, Joseph L.
- Jan 1, 1987.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Naidu, D. S.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A simplified method of matched asymptotic expansions was developed where the common part in composite solution is generated as a polynomial in stretched variable instead of actually evaluating the same from the outer solution. This methodology was applied to the solution of the exact equations for three dimensional atmospheric entry problems. Compared to previous works, the present simplified methodology yields explicit analytical expressions for various components of the composite solution without resorting to any type of transcendental equations to be solved only by numerical methods. The optimal control problem arising in the noncoplanar orbital transfer employing aeroassist was also addressed.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19880004553.
Accession ID: 88N13935.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15696426