Atlas of Comet Halley 1910 II.
- Brandt, John C.
- JAN 1, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Rahe, Juergen and Donn, Bertram
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- With the impending return of Halley's Comet in 1986, a major effort began to collect the material obtained at its last appearance in 1910. This material displays the evolving coma and tail phenomena, and is useful for comparison with the present quantitative studies of spectroscopic and structural phenomena. Images in the atlas are arranged in chronological order by day. Days that have multiple images with varying scale are arranged in two sequences. Photographs showing tail phenomena are first, followed by photographs obtained with longer focus instruments showing the head or near-nuclear region. Drawings of Comet Halley, made from visual observations in 1835 and 1910, also are included.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19870020802.
Accession ID: 87N30235.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15697176