Scaling studies of solar pumped lasers
- Christiansen, W. H.
- Aug 1, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Chang, J.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A progress report of scaling studies of solar pumped lasers is presented. Conversion of blackbody radiation into laser light has been demonstrated in this study. Parametric studies of the variation of laser mixture composition and laser gas temperature were carried out for CO2 and N2O gases. Theoretical analysis and modeling of the system have been performed. Reasonable agreement between predictions in the parameter variation and the experimental results have been obtained. Almost 200 mW of laser output at 10.6 micron was achieved by placing a small sapphire laser tube inside an oven at 1500 K the tube was filled with CO2 laser gas mixture and cooled by longitudinal nitrogen gas flow.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19860001073.
Accession ID: 86N10540.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15703960