Analysis of the inflow layer and air-sea interactions in Hurricane Frederic (1979).
- Frank, W. M.
- Apr 1, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The current study is attempting to overcome the problem of uncertain heights of the satellite winds. The effective heights of the satellite wind vectors were determined. Satellite, aircraft, rawinsonde and surface wind measurements were integrated into a three dimensional analysis of the storm in flow layer over water. Similar analyses of the thermodynamic field in the inflow layer were conducted. Diagnostic budget analyses of moisture, sensible heat kinetic energy and momentum in the inflow layer were conducted. Air-sea interactions were also examined.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19850014960.
Accession ID: 85N23271.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15705219