Assessment of computer techniques for processing digital LANDSAT MSS data for lithological discrimination of Serra do Ramalho, State of Bahia
- Vitorello, I.
- Aug 1, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Paradella, W. R. and Monteiro, M. D.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Enhancement techniques and thematic classifications were applied to the metasediments of Bambui Super Group (Upper Proterozoic) in the Region of Serra do Ramalho, SW of the state of Bahia. Linear contrast stretch, band-ratios with contrast stretch, and color-composites allow lithological discriminations. The effects of human activities and of vegetation cover mask and limit, in several ways, the lithological discrimination with digital MSS data. Principal component images and color composite of linear contrast stretch of these products, show lithological discrimination through tonal gradations. This set of products allows the delineations of several metasedimentary sequences to a level superior to reconnaissance mapping. Supervised (maximum likelihood classifier) and nonsupervised (K-Means classifier) classification of the limestone sequence, host to fluorite mineralization show satisfactory results.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19850004104.
Accession ID: 85N12412.
Simp. Brasil. de Sensoriamento Remoto,; 10-14 May 1982; Brasilia; Brazil.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15706323