Survey of manufacturers of high-performance heat engines adaptable to solar applications
- Stine, W. B.
- Jun 15, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The results of an industry survey made during the summer of 1983 are summarized. The survey was initiated in order to develop an information base on advanced engines that could be used in the solar thermal dish-electric program. Questionnaires inviting responses were sent to 39 companies known to manufacture or integrate externally heated engines. Follow-up telephone communication ensured uniformity of response. It appears from the survey that the technology exists to produce external-heat-addition engines of appropriate size with thermal efficiencies of over 40%. Problem areas are materials and sealing.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19840024848.
Accession ID: 84N32919.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15706914