Wind turbine generator interaction with conventional diesel generators on Block Island, Rhode Island. Volume 1 : Executive summary
- Wilreker, V. F.
- Feb 1, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Scott, G. W., Stiller, P. H., Smith, R. F., and Kruse, V. J.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Primary results are summarized for a three-part study involving the effects of connecting a MOD-OA wind turbine generator to an isolated diesel power system. The MOD-OA installation considered was the third of four experimental nominal 200 kW wind turbines connected to various utilities under the Federal Wind Energy Program and was characterized by the highest wind energy penetration levels of four sites. The study analyses address: fuel displacement, dynamic interaction, and three modes of reactive power control. These analyses all have as their basis the results of the data acquisition program conducted on Block Island, Rhode Island.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19840021288.
Accession ID: 84N29357.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15707319