The 12 micron band of ethane : A spectral catalog from 765 cm(-1) to 900 cm(-1).
- Blass, W. E.
- Nov 1, 1983.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Brault, J. W., Atakan, A. K., Halsey, G. W., Reuter, D. C., Daunt, S. J., Susskind, J., and Jennings, D. E.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The high resolution laboratory absorption spectrum of the 12 micro band of ethane gas is studied. The data were obtained using the McMath Solar Telescope 1 meter Fourier Transform interferometer at Kitt Peak National Observatory and tunable diode laser spectrometers at the University of Tennessee and NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center. Over 200 individual vibration rotation transitions were analyzed taking into account many higher order effects including torsional splitting. Line positions were reproduced to better than 0.001/cm. Both ground and upper state molecular constants were determined in the analysis. The experimental details, the analysis procedures and the results are addressed. A list of ethane transitions occurring near (14)CO2 laser lines needed for heterodyne searches for C2H6 in extraterrestrial sources is also included. A spectral catalog of the ethane nu sub g fundamental from 765/cm to 900/cm is provided. A high dispersion (1/cm 12 in.) plot of both the Kitt Peak interferometric data and a simulated spectrum with Doppler limited resolution, a table of over 8500 calculated transitions listed quantum number assignments, frequencies and intensities are provided.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19840011425.
Accession ID: 84N19493.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15708562