- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- In 19 strains of unicellular blue-green algae, belonging to general Synechococcus, Synechocystis, Aphanocapsa and Aphanothece, the capacity of growth under mixotrophic conditions in mineral media with organic carbon sources (carbohydrates, polyols) was investigated. At moderate light intensity (1200 lx) and 0.5% of carbon source there was revealed: (1) Stimulation of growth; (2) Partial or complete inhibition of growth; (3) No influence of carbohydrate and polyols on the growth of some algae strains. Three physiological groups for the investigated strains have been outlined on the basis of data obtained. The possibility of using the differences revealed in classification of unicellular blue-green algae is discussed.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19840009736.
Accession ID: 84N17804.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15708795