Novel Natural Products: Therapeutic Effects in Pain, Arthritis and Gastro-intestinal Diseases [electronic resource] / edited by K. D. Rainsford, M. C. Powanda, M. W. Whitehouse
- Basel : Springer Basel : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Physical Description:
- VII, 286 pages 37 illustrations, 8 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Rainsford, K. D., 1941-, Powanda, M. C. (Michael C.), Whitehouse, M. W., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Aloe vera: a Natural Healing Agent for Gastro-intestinal and Chronic Inflammatory Conditions -- Chondroitin Sulphate and Glucosamine Sulphate as Potential Disease-Modifying Agents for Osteoarthritis -- Probiotics as Natural Healing Agents for Gastro-intestinal Diseases and Arthritis.- Therapeutic Effects of Ribonucleinate (Ribonucleotides) in Immuno-inflammatory and Arthritic Diseases -- The Medicinal Properties and Phytochemistry of Plants of the Genus Terminalia (Combretaceae) -- Celery Seed and Related Extracts with Anti-athritic, Anti-Ulcer and anti-Microbial Activities -- Lyprinol, Lipids and other Components of Green Lipped Mussel as Anti-Arthritic and Anti-Ulcer Agents -- Zinc Compounds as Topical and Oral Anti-Arthritic and Anti-ulcer Compounds.
- In recent years there have been a number of significant developments of natural products for the treatment of rheumatic diseases, pain and gastro-intestinal ulcers and inflammation. The volume covers some of these novel developments of natural products which are of current and future interest as therapies for the above-mentioned conditions. Most available volumes cover a wide range of biological and technicological aspects of natural products and their discovery, some involving synthesis and properties of chemical compounds. The difference in this volume is that the natural products have a focus on their therapeutic effects on pain, arthritic and gastrointestinal diseases. Some of the natural products covered are either at the experimental stage of development while others are well-established clinically-used products. Each has its own unique place in therapy.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15709121