The Design of Learning Experience [electronic resource] : Creating the Future of Educational Technology / edited by Brad Hokanson, Gregory Clinton, Monica W. Tracey
- Educational Communications and Technology: Issues and Innovations
- Introduction -- A Panoramic View of the Future of Learning and the Role of Design(ers) in Such Experiences -- A Constructivist Process: Designing an Intervention to Teach Complex Thinking Skills -- Promoting Learner-Centered Instruction Through the Design of Contextually Relevant Experiences -- Reconsidering the Design of a Learning Design Studio -- The Multifacted Endeavor of Online Teaching: The Need for a New Lens -- Critiquing the Role of the Learner and Context in Aesthetic Learning Experiences -- Design Team Collaboration with a Complex Ill-Structured Design Problem -- Design of a Learner-Centered Seminar and Studio Based Polytechnic Institute -- Repertoire of Precedents: Designers KindlingFatwood During Reflection-in-Action.-Mastery Learning Within Accelerated Learning Environments -- Using Ubiquitous Learning Techniques to Build Competency in Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math: A sySTEMic Approach -- Designing Authentic Educational Experiences through Service-Learning -- Instructional Design as Feminist Practice -- The Kiowa Language and Culture Revitalization Program: Designing a Community-based Learning.-Model for an Endangered Language -- Examining Learning Experience in Two Online Courses using Web Logs and Experience Sampling Method (ESM) -- Reflections on the 2014 Summer Research Symposium. .
- This breakthrough volume examines innovative stops on the journey from educational design to learning design, paralleling the shifting focus of education from teachers to learners. As part of the academic quest to understand how learning actually occurs, the book identifies technologies and processes most relevant to learning design so that designers can create products geared toward more meaningful experience. Fascinating case studies illustrate diverse aspects and applications of learning design, from new ideas in pedagogy and collaboration to designing a learning model for preserving the Kiowa language. In these pages, contributors model a future for education that is learner-centered, ubiquitous, and inclusive. Among the featured topics: Promoting learner-centered instruction through the design of contextually relevant experiences. The multifaceted endeavor of online teaching: the need for a new lens. Mastery learning within accelerated nursing learning environments. Using ubiquitous learning techniques to build competency in science, technology, engineering, and math: a sySTEMic approach. Designing authentic educational experiences through virtual service learning. Instructional design as feminist practice. The Design of the Learning Experience will find an interested audience among educators, education researchers, instructional designers, and others keeping up with the evolution that is educational design. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15709166