Malignant Pediatric Bone Tumors - Treatment & Management [electronic resource] / edited by Timothy P. Cripe, Nicholas D. Yeager
- Pediatric Oncology, 1613-5318
- Signs and symptoms -- Diagnostic Studies of Pediatric Bone Tumors: Pathology and Imaging -- Basic Principles of Biopsy -- The evaluation of lung nodules in pediatric bone tumors -- Fertility Preservation and Reproductive Health in Pediatric Bone Tumor Patients -- Chemotherapy Regimens for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Malignant Bone Tumors -- Radiation Management -- Histologic Response and Biologic Markers -- Surgical Approach: Limb Salvage Versus Amputation -- Rehabilitation following Orthopaedic Surgery in Children with Bone Tumors -- Patient Navigation of the Pediatric Bone Tumor Patient Across the Continuum of Care -- Psychosocial Effects of Pediatric Bone Tumors and Recommendations for Supportive Care -- Post-therapy surveillance of bone tumors -- Recurrent Bone Tumors -- Novel Therapies on the Horizon -- Survivorship.
- This book describes in detail current best practice in the diagnosis and treatment of malignant pediatric bone tumors and also discusses other important aspects of management. Clinical assessment, the role of different imaging modalities, and choice of biopsy procedure are explained, and an individual chapter is devoted to diagnostic pathology. The treatment-oriented chapters offer in-depth descriptions of chemotherapeutic regimens, radiation therapy, limb-salvage options, and amputation-related issues, and in addition consider the approach to lung nodules, the role of biomarkers, off-therapy monitoring, and the treatment of relapse. Psychosocial impacts and needs are addressed, and guidance provided on nursing during treatment and rehabilitation following orthopaedic surgery. Closing chapters evaluate emerging therapies and discuss disparate aspects of survivorship. The authors are acknowledged experts and include many contributors from the Nationwide Children’s Hospital, a leading pediatric care facility in the United States.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15709225