The game and the candle / by Frances Davidge, author of "The misfit crown," etc
- Davidge, Frances, 1882-1922
- New York : D. Appleton and Company, 1905.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 371 pages ; 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- D. Appleton and Company
Full Text available online
- A sketch of New York society with the plot hinging upon the regrettable marriage of a young man of wealth and station to a girl almost wholly lacking in culture who soon runs off with another man. Meanwhile, the woman who truly loves him must suffer and wait while he resists the idea of divorce.
- Richard Minsky’s Collection of American Decorated Publisher's Bindings.
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of the New York Mercantile Library.
- Verso of t.p.: Published October, 1905.
Advertisements (pages 373-374) at end.
Rare Books copy is one of the specimens collected by book artist Richard Minsky during the course of his research on American decorated publisher's bindings issued between 1872-1929; “Mercantile Library, New York” stamp on title-page and last page.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Helen F. Faust Women Writers Acquisition Fund; 2014.
Rare Books copy: Purchased from Richard Minsky, book artist; 2014.
View MARC record | catkey: 15710326