An analytical and experimental comparison of the flow field of an advanced swept turboprop
- Chang, L. K.
- JAN 1, 1983.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Bober, L. J., Neumann, H. E., and Serafini, J. S.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An argon ion laser velocimeter with four beams was used to measure the detailed flow-field of an advanced eight blade propeller with 45% of tip sweep in an 8x6 foot supersonic wind tunnel. Data were obtained at a free stream Mach number of 0.8, the design advance ratio of 3.06 and a power coefficient of 1.8. Data are presented for inlet flow, exit flow, flow within the blades and flow slightly outside the blade tips. The data are compared to a lifting line theory. In general, the results of the comparison are considered favorable.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19830005790.
Accession ID: 83N14061.
AIAA PAPER 83-0189.
Aerospace Sci. Conf.; 10-13 Jan. 1983; Reno, NV; United States.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15714120