Other satellite atmospheres : Their nature and planetary interactions
- Smyth, W. H.
- Jul 1, 1982.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Io sodium cloud model was successfully generated to include the time and spatial dependent lifetime sink produced by electron impact ionization as the plasma torus oscillates about the satellite plane, while simultaneously including the additional time dependence introduced by the action of solar radiation pressure on the cloud. Very preliminary model results are discussed and continuing progress in analysis of the peculiar directional features of the sodium cloud is also reported. Significant progress was made in developing a model for the Io potassium cloud and differences anticipated between the potassium and sodium cloud are described. An effort to understand the hydrogen atmosphere associated with Saturn's rings was initiated and preliminary results of a very and study are summarized.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19830002735.
Accession ID: 83N11005.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15714526