Test results of the Chrysler upgraded automotive gas turbine engine : Initial design
- Wood, J. C.
- Jul 1, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Warren, E. L., Horvath, D., and Ribble, G. H., Jr.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The upgraded engine as built to the original design was deficient in power and had excessive specific fuel consumption. A high instrumented version of the engine was tested to identify the sources of the engine problems. Analysis of the data shows the major problems to be low compressor and power turbine efficiency and excessive interstage duct losses. In addition, high HC and CO emission were measured at idle, and high NOx emissions at high energy speeds.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19810022020.
Accession ID: 81N30562.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15718216