Wind speed statistics for Goldstone, California, anemometer sites
- Strain, D.
- Apr 15, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Mcginness, H., Levy, R., and Berg, M.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An exploratory wind survey at an antenna complex was summarized statistically for application to future windmill designs. Data were collected at six locations from a total of 10 anemometers. Statistics include means, standard deviations, cubes, pattern factors, correlation coefficients, and exponents for power law profile of wind speed. Curves presented include: mean monthly wind speeds, moving averages, and diurnal variation patterns. It is concluded that three of the locations have sufficiently strong winds to justify consideration for windmill sites.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19810016148.
Accession ID: 81N24683.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15718987