Recent progress towards predicting aircraft ground handling performance
- White, E. J.
- Mar 1, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Yager, T. J.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Capability implemented in simulating aircraft ground handling performance is reviewed and areas for further expansion and improvement are identified. Problems associated with providing necessary simulator input data for adequate modeling of aircraft tire/runway friction behavior are discussed and efforts to improve tire/runway friction definition, and simulator fidelity are described. Aircraft braking performance data obtained on several wet runway surfaces are compared to ground vehicle friction measurements. Research to improve methods of predicting tire friction performance are discussed.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19810012515.
Accession ID: 81N21044.
Aircraft Safety and Operating Probl. Conf.; 5-7 Nov. 1980; Hampton, VA; United States.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15719592