Graphite composite truss welding and cap section forming subsystems. Volume 1 : Executive summary
- Oct 31, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A rolltrusion process was developed for forming of a hybrid, single-ply woven graphite and glass fiber cloth, impregnated with a polysulfone resin and coated with TI02 pigmented P-1700 resin into strips for the on-orbit fabrication of triangular truss segments. Ultrasonic welding in vacuum showed no identifiable effects on weld strength or resin flow characteristics. An existing bench model cap roll forming machine was modified and used to roll form caps for the prototype test truss and for column test specimens in order to test local buckling and torsional instability characteristics.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19810011933.
Accession ID: 81N20462.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15719704