National Transonic Facility : A review of the operational plan
- Sears, W. R.
- Mar 1, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Kirchner, M. E., Black, R. E., Liepmann, H. W., and Dietz, R. O.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The proposed National Transonic Facility (NTF) operational plan is reviewed. The NTF will provide an aerodynamic test capability significantly exceeding that of other transonic regime wind tunnels now available. A limited number of academic research program that might use the NTF are suggested. It is concluded that the NTF operational plan is useful for management, technical, instrumentation, and model building techniques available in the specialized field of aerodynamic analysis and simulation. It is also suggested that NASA hold an annual conference to discuss wind tunnel research results and to report on developments that will further improve the utilization and cost effectiveness of the NTF and other wind tunnels.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19810011562.
Accession ID: 81N20090.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15719754