AVE-SESAME IV : 25 mb sounding data
- Gilchrist, L. P.
- Nov 1, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Turner, R. E. and Sienkiewicz, M. E.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The rawinsonde sounding program for the AVE-SESAME 4 experiment is descirbed and tabulated data at 25 mb for the 23 National Weather Service and 20 special stations participating in the experiment are presented. Soundings were taken at 3 hr intervals beginning at 1200 GMT on May 9, 1979, and ending at 1200 GMT on May 10, 1979 (nine sounding times). The method of processing is discussed, estimates of the rms errors in the data are presented, and an example of contact data is given. Reasons are given for the termination of soundings below 100 mb, and soundings are listed which exhibit abnormal characteristics.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19810006039.
Accession ID: 81N14553.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15720488