- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Multitemporally registered LANDSAT MSS data from four acquisitions during the 1978 growing season were used in classification of eight sample segments in Iowa and Indiana. The results illustrate that use of LANDSAT acquisition when corn has tasseled is critical, as this is the optimum time for separation of corn and soybeans. An early season acquisition when the summer crops appear as bare soil can be beneficial in reducing the confusion between these two crops and other cover types. A subset of one visible and one infrared band from each date was found to produce results not significantly different from the use of all bands. Selection of a subset of these bands may also be feasible for multitemporal analysis.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19810003993.
Accession ID: 81N12504.
Machine Process. of Remotely Sensed Data Symp.; 1980; West LaFayette, IN; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15720737