Adherence of ion beam sputter deposited metal films on H-13 steel
- Mirtich, M. J.
- JAN 1, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An electron bombardment argon ion source was used to sputter deposit 17 different metal and metal oxide films ranging in thickness from 1 to 8 micrometers on H-13 steel substrates. The film adherence to the substrate surface was measured using a tensile test apparatus. Comparisons in bond strength were made between ion beam, ion plating, and RF deposited films. A protective coating to prevent heat checking in H-13 steel dies used for aluminum die casting was studied. The results of exposing the coated substrates to temperatures up to 700 degrees are presented.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19800023021.
Accession ID: 80N31527.
Natl. Am. Vacuum Soc. Symp.; 14-17 Oct. 1980; Detroit.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15721394