A fundamental approach to adhesion : Synthesis, surface analysis, thermodynamics and mechanics
- Wightman, J. P.
- Jul 1, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Siriwardane, R. and Beck, B.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Several techniques were used to study pretreated Ti 6-4 surfaces including scanning electron microscopy (SEM), electron spectroscopy of chemical analysis (ESCA), and, reflectance visible spectroscopy. Each pretreatment type gave a characteristic surface morphology as seen by SEM. Elemental analysis of the Ti 6-4 surfaces was done using ESCA. Trace residual contaminants from particular chemical pretreatments were identified readily. Results indicate that reflectance visible spectroscopy using indicator dyes placed on Ti 6-4 surfaces appears to be a feasible approach to establish surface acidity. Differences in surface acidity were observed using bromthymol blue on Ti 6-4 surfaces pretreated by two different methods.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19800017951.
Accession ID: 80N26450.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15722194