NASA-Lewis closed-cycle magnetohydrodynamics plant analysis
- Penko, P. F.
- JAN 1, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A brief review of preliminary analyses of coal fired closed cycle MHD power plants is presented. The performance of three power plants with differing combustion systems were compared. The combustion systems considered were (1) a direct coal-fired combustor, (2) a coal gasifier with in-bed desulfurization and (3) a coal gasifier requiring external fuel gas cleanup. Power plant efficiencies (auxiliary power excluded) were 44.5, 43, and 41 percent for the three plants, respectively.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19800002351.
Accession ID: 80N10595.
Closed-Cycle Magnetohydrodynamics Specialists Meeting; 21 Jun. 1979; Bozeman, MT; United States.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15724277