Workbook for estimating effects of accidental explosions in propellant ground handling and transport systems
- Baker, W. E.
- Aug 1, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Vargas, L. M., Kulesz, J. J., Ricker, R. E., Moseley, P. K., Westine, P. S., and Parr, V. B.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available. and Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A workbook is presented to supplement an earlier NASA publication, which was intended to provide the designer and safety engineer with rapid methods for predicting damage and hazards from explosions of liquid propellant and compressed gas vessels used in ground storage, transport and handling. Information is presented in the form of graphs and tables to allow easy calculation, using only desk or handheld calculators. Topics covered in various chapters are: (1) estimates of explosive yield; (2) characteristics of pressure waves; (3) effects of pressure waves; (4) characteristics of fragments; and (5) effects of fragments and related topics.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19790002055., Accession ID: 79N10226., REPT-02-4778., and NASA-CR-3023.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15727394