Structural efficiency of long lightly loaded truss and isogrid columns for space applications
- Mikulas, M. M., Jr.
- Jul 1, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The general mass characteristics of long lightly loaded columns for space applications are investigated by studying four column concepts. The first is a simple tubular column, the second is a three longeron truss column constructed of tubular members, the third is a three longeron truss column constructed of solid rod members, and the fourth is an open grid work isogrid wall tubular column. Design procedures, which include an initial imperfection in the straightness of the column, are developed for the different concepts and demonstrated numerically. A new set of structural efficiency parameters are developed for lightly loaded columns and are used to show a comparison of the masses of the four column concepts investigated.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19780025537.
Accession ID: 78N33480.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15727544