Estimation of ground temperature from GFCR radiometric signal
- Gupia, S. K.
- Jun 1, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Tiwari, S. N.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A procedure was developed which demonstrates the feasibility of estimating actual surface temperature from the effective brightness temperature which can be conveniently measured by a radiometer from remote sensing platforms. Atmospheric corrections to the effective brightness temperature are computed corresponding to the 'base model' atmosphere and several modifications of this caused by deviations of the various atmospheric or surface parameters from their base model values. Simple analytical relations were established between the deviations of these parameters and the additional temperature corrections required to compensate for them. Effects of simultaneous variation of several parameters also were examined. Use of these analytical relations, instead of radiative transfer calculations, results in tremendous savings in data reduction costs.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19780007683.
Accession ID: 78N15626.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15730188