Calculation of laminar and turbulent boundary layers for two-dimensional time-dependent flows
- Cebeci, T.
- Jun 1, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A general method for computing laminar and turbulent boundary layers for two-dimensional time-dependent flows is presented. The method uses an eddy-viscosity formulation to model the Reynolds shear-stress term and a very efficient numerical method to solve the governing equations. The model was applied to steady two-dimensional and three-dimensional flows and was shown to give good results. A discussion of the numerical method and the results obtained by the present method for both laminar and turbulent flows are discussed. Based on these results, the method is efficient and suitable for solving time-dependent laminar and turbulent boundary layers.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19770020408.
Accession ID: 77N27352.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15731849