Effects of simulated turbulence on aircraft handling qualities
- Jacobson, I. D.
- Mar 1, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Joshi, D. S.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The influence of simulated turbulence on aircraft handling qualities is presented. Pilot opinions of the handling qualities of a light general aviation aircraft were evaluated in a motion-base simulator using a simulated turbulence environment. A realistic representation of turbulence disturbances is described in terms of rms intensity and scale length and their random variations with time. The time histories generated by the proposed turbulence models showed characteristics which are more similar to real turbulence than the frequently-used Gaussian turbulence model. The proposed turbulence models flexibly accommodate changes in atmospheric conditions and are easily implemented in flight simulator studies.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19770013171.
Accession ID: 77N20115.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15732829