H alpha observations of the 12 August 1975 type 3-RS bursts
- Labonte, B. J.
- Feb 1, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- H alpha filtergram observations of a number of the Type III-RS (reverse slope) bursts that occurred on August 12, 1975 are presented. Solar radio emission was peculiar on that date in that a large number, and proportion, of the usually rare reverse slope bursts were observed. The radio bursts are shown to coincide in time with a homologous set of H alpha flares located at the limbward edge of spot group Mt. Wilson 19598. A model is proposed in which the reverse slope bursts are the downward branches of U bursts, whose upward branches are hidden behind the coronal density enhancement over the spot group.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19760016050.
Accession ID: 76N23138.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15735986