Democracy, deliberation, and education / Robert Asen
- Asen, Robert, 1968-
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 233 pages ; 23 cm.
- Introduction : discovering local deliberation and policymaking -- Networked publics, networked policies -- Ideology, counterpublicity, and the Gay-Straight Alliance -- Scarcity, district finances, and difficult decisions -- Expertise, integration, and the problem of judgment -- Trust, relationships, and deliberation -- Conclusion : reconnecting democracy and education.
- "Explores the ways that school board members engage each other to make decisions for their local communities in the United States. Illustrates the perils and promise of local policymaking as people seek to chart a future course for their communities, addressing issues of ideology, scarcity, expertise, and trust"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780271067094 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0271067098 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 211-228) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 15752187