Progress in Ultrafast Intense Laser Science Volume I [electronic resource] / by Kaoru Yamanouchi, See Leang Chin, Pierre Agostini, Gaetano Ferrante
- Yamanouchi, Kaoru
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 329 p. 162 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Chin, See Leang, Agostini, Pierre, Ferrante, Gaetano, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Springer Series in Chemical Physics, 0172-6218 ; 84
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Stablilization of atoms in a strong laser field -- Creation of novel quasi-bound states in high-frequency intense laser fields -- Multielectron effects in diatomic molecules in strong laser fields -- Strong-Field Correlation Imaging: Revealing Molecular Geometries, Orientation and Dynamics -- First-principle density-functional approaches for many-electron dynamics under intense laser fields -- Plasma physics in the strong coupling regime: Intense YUV laser cluster interaction -- Resonance- and chaos-assisted tunneling -- Effects of carrier-envelope phase of few-cycle pulses on high-order harmonic generation -- Short-pulse laser-produced plasmas -- Ultraintense electromagnetic radiation in plasmas. Part I -- Unusual optical properties of the dense nonequilibrium plasma -- Radiative recombination in a strong laser field -- Femtosecond filamentation in air -- Pulse self-compression in the nonlinear propagation of intense femtosecond laser pulse in normally dispersive solids -- Ultraintense tabletop laser system and plasma applications -- Induction of permanent structure of transparent materials by ultrafast laser and application for photonic devices.
- This is the first of a series of books on Ultrafast Intense Laser Science, a newly emerging interdisciplinary research field, spanning atomic and molecular physics, molecular science, and optical science. Its progress is being stimulated by the recent development of ultrafast laser technologies. Highlights of this volume include intense VUV laser--cluster interaction, resonance and chaos-assisted tunneling, and the effects of the carrier-envelope phase on high-order harmonic generation. All chapters are authored by foremost experts in their fields and the presentation is at a level accessible to newcomers and graduate students, each chapter beginning with an introductory overview.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 15755913