Remote sensing study of land use and sedimentation in the Ross Barnett Reservoir, Jackson, Mississippi area
- Mealor, W. T., Jr.
- JAN 1, 1972.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Hoskin, C. M., Williams, D. C., Wertz, D. L., and Pinson, T. W.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This multi-year study is aimed at focusing on the recognition of sediment and other affluents in a selected area of the Ross Barnett Reservoir. The principle objectives are the determination of land use types, effect of land use on erosion, and the correlation of sediment with land use in the area. The I2S multi-band imagery was employed in conjunction with ground truth data for both water and land use studies. The selected test site contains approximately forty square miles including forest, open land, and water in addition to residential and recreational areas.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19730009669.
Accession ID: 73N18396.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15943698