Emerging needs for mobile nuclear powerplants
- Anderson, J. L.
- JAN 1, 1972.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Incentives for broadening the present role of civilian nuclear power to include mobile nuclear power plants that are compact, lightweight, and safe are examined. Specifically discussed is the growing importance of: (1) a new international cargo transportation capability, and (2) the capability for development of resources in previously remote regions of the earth including the oceans and the Arctic. This report surveys present and potential systems (vehicles, remote stations, and machines) that would both provide these capabilities and require enough power to justify using mobile nuclear reactor power plants.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19730006966.
Accession ID: 73N15693.
Winter Meeting of the Am. Nucl. Soc.,; 12-17 Nov. 1972; Washington; United States.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15944326